Membership at Del Cerro isn't about joining a club, it's about belonging to the body of Christ. It's our way of saying "I'm committed to this local gathering of Christ followers." We use the word membership because it's the language the Bible uses to communicate belonging- like being a part or member of a body.
The membership process at our church goes like this:
1. Gather with our church, worship with us, get to know us for a little while.
2. Participate in a membership class hosted by our pastors. It's usually held on two consecutive Sunday evenings about once a quarter. In fact, there's a class starting on September 8. We'll meet in the church building in room 212 @ 7pm
3. Once you understand what we believe and what it means to belong to our church you'll complete a membership application and schedule a pastor's interview.
4. The pastoral interview is our opportunity to hear your testimony and affirm your faith with you.
5. You'll be presented and welcomed in by our church members at the next member's meeting.