Membership at Del Cerro isn't about joining a club, it's about belonging to the body of Christ. It's our way of saying "I'm committed to this local gathering of Christ-followers." We use the word membership because it's the language the Bible uses to communicate belonging- like being a part or member of a body.
The membership process at our church goes like this:
1. Gather with our church, worship with us, get to know us for a little while.
2. Participate in a membership class taught by one of our pastors. It's usually held on three consecutive Sunday mornings during our Sunday School Hour about once a quarter. If you're here regularly you'll be sure to hear about these classes.
3. Once you understand what we believe and what it means to belong to our church you'll complete a membership application and schedule a pastor's interview.
4. The pastoral interview is our opportunity to hear your testimony and affirm your faith with you.
5. You'll be presented and welcomed in by our church members at the next member's meeting.
If you'd like to learn more about how we understand membership, here are a couple sermons and resources that might help:
In "Part 2" you'll hear about a proposed Membership Covenant. By the grace of God, our membership joyfully covenanted with one another at our member's meeting in November 2019. Here is a copy of the church covenant that all new members also agree to:
Del Cerro Baptist Church Covenant
If you'd like to enter into the process of membership, the best way is to fill out the Membership application linked below.